Please note that the PhD scholarship applications has now closed for this year, but you are very welcome to register for Netnocon23.
Scholarships were granted to PhD students to help them attend the conference. For each scholarship recipient, the non-cash prize included:
- One free student conference registration
- One free workshop day registration
- Free conference dinner at the Lowry Pier 8
- Free student accommodation at the University of Salford for the duration of the conference (up to 3 nights)
- One year of student membership in the Association for Netnographic Research.
Students will receive a letter of invitation to the conference and further instructions regarding registration if awarded one of the scholarship prizes. They will also receive a certificate of their scholarship award at the conference. Scholarship recipients have to cover their own travel costs.
Eligibility Criteria and Conditions
- To be eligible for a PhD scholarship, applicants must be enrolled as a full- or part-time PhD student at the time of application.
- The scholarship will ONLY be awarded in relation to NETNOCON2023.
- The scholarship recipient must attend NETNOCON2023 in person.
- The scholarship is not transferable.
- The NETNOCON2023 organisers are not liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from a candidate taking part in any aspect of the conference.
The award will be made by a sub-committee of the conference program committee appointed by the conference co-chairs based on the merit of the application.
Application and deadlines
To apply for a conference scholarship, PhD students must complete a statement with the following information in Word doc or Adobe pdf form and submit it to email@example.com by the deadline indicated below.
- Student Name
- Student Affiliation
- Years of Study at PhD level
- Research focus (max 200 words)
- Interest in Netnography (max 200 words)
- What you hope to achieve at the netnography conference (max 100 words)
Proof of enrollment in a PhD program must be attached to the application.
- Submission deadline: February 15, 2023, 5pm UTC
- Notification of award: by March 30, 2023
- Conference dates: July 26-28, 2023